Leaders With Vision’s (LWVision) Prospective series of public forum luncheons will focus on “LA’s Stand Your Ground Law: Use, Abuse, Understanding, Suggestions, and Solutions” in the Audubon Room at Drusilla Place Restaurant, 3482 Drusilla Lane, Baton Rouge on Thursday, August 15, 2013 at Noon (doors open at 11:00am). Speakers with different perspectives are invited to each luncheon.
Guest Speakers are:
- Carl Dabadie, Baton Rouge Chief of Police
- Shenequa L. Grey, Esq., Associate Professor of Law, SULC; Host of the Legal Roundtable Television Show
- Michael Mitchell, Esq., Chief 19th Judicial District Defender of Louisiana
- Hillar Moore, Esq., EBR District Attorney
- The LA Assoc. of Criminal Defense Attorneys has also been invited but has not formally accepted by the time of this press release.
When asked why the Leaders With Vision sponsors monthly public forums on topics of public interest, Jean Armstrong, LWVision President said,
“Our Community: city, state, and nation can only be as effective as the citizens, who participate in its decisions.”
Doors open at 11:00am. Lunch will be served at 11:40 am and the program will begin promptly at 12:00 noon. After the presentations by the panel, the audience is invited to ask questions relative to the issue. The program ends at 1 p.m.
Reservations are recommended for this Public Policy luncheon and may be purchased on line for a small credit card handling charge or payment by check and/or cash at the door.